Welcome to the official W1UL FREE Ham Cram Website. What is a ham cram? Historically a ham cram is a high intensity study session used for test preparation, typically a full day class for the technician class license.
What is different about the W1UL ham cram methodology? Essentially, the W1UL method is a ham cram on steroids. The W1UL system has three identifying characteristics:
1. The W1UL Ham Cram study session displays the actual pool questions and only the correct answers thus forming an association between the question and the answer.
2. A user can optionally chose "Expert Mode" where a panel of experts has selected only those questions most likely to appear on the actual test are used when building a study session.
3. Technician preparation is currently supported but General and Extra class preparation will be supported shortly.
4. Since the entire study material is online you can study at your own pace.
5. Best of all, all the offered material is totally FREE.
This ham cram website gives you all the tools you need to pass the FCC tests with a minimum of effort and a higher level of confidence since a the percentage of candidates using the W1UL Ham Cram method pass the tests than those using any other test preparation program.
Additional ham cram information
Detailed instruction will be available shortly. Use the following two links to create a study session from a selected subelement and take a graded practice test for a specified subelement or all subelements.
Create a study session composed of Technician Question from specified subelements and only the correct answers.
Take a graded practice test on a specific subelement on the Technician pool.
The Ham Cram website is a work in progress. It is in beta status. Although there are a substantial number of features to come what is working is working well. The use of the Ham Cram website is totally free
The only goal of the Ham Cram website is providing you with the best website to ensure your passage of a FCC ham radio license examination with a minimum amount of preparation which also gives you the highest level of confidence.
Only preparation for the Technician class license is currently available but preparation for the General and Extra class licenses will be available shortly using the same delivery model currently used with the Technician prep.
If you would like to be informed when the W1UL Ham Cram site starts supporting General and Extra preparations, Feedback Form
Users will shortly be required to register to use the website and log into the "Member Lounge" for training sessions. The purpose of membership is only so we know when class of license you are pursuing. Registration also allows us to provide you with meaningful information on you progress.
Please use the feedback form to give us your suggestions, criticisms and comments be they be good or bad.